Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Introducing Me

I am once again entering the land of higher education; in essence, "Sociocultural Theory, Education Policy, and Pedagogy" (STEPP) is another learning step in my professional career as a teacher; hence, the name of this blog as an appropriate title for course assignments.

This year marks the start of my 16th year teaching English Language Learners and students in English Language Arts classes in Providence. Currently, I am the ELL Lead Teacher at Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex and teach English Language Development and World Literature to ELLS as well as AP Literature and Composition to seniors. I decided to pursue an M.Ed in order to further my knowledge in teaching and learning, develop leadership skills, and to assist  in the process of obtaining National Certification.

When not teaching and learning, I can be found at the ice rink where I figure skate and still take classes to perfect my spins, jumps, and edges. This is what often keeps me sane and healthy - a meditative, yet active way to flow through any "thin ice" issues which may have arisen during the work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment